Sunday, August 8, 2010

God is good!

Finally, the day has come, we could present Levi before our loving and gracious God to be baptised. A covenant child of His, whom we praise every day for blessing us with our beautiful son, for making all things well during those first few months (and still now) and for giving Levi to us to bring up in fear of Him, to daily sing of His goodness and mercy towards us.

The Rev presented a beautiful sermon on Psalm 139 entitled:
 'As children of God we are always safe in the care of our heavenly father'
1- God cares for us in all our circumstances (vs 1-12)
2- God made plans for our lives...already before we existed (vs 13-16)
3- God's goodness and care requires a response (vs 17-24)
What more can we say? Our sentiments exactly :)

The following video was taken by my darling mother in law who very discreetly took some film for us so we could share this with our loved ones who couldn't be there- love you all xoxoxo



7 comments:

  1. so precious, made me tear up... beautiful hymn, that one is my favourite. thanks for sharing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sniff Sniff! So beautiful. I agree Carm, its my favourite hymn too. I loved Mum's singing (I think it was her?!) Thanks so much for posting. Sending big hugs n kisses!
    Love from Ben, Mel, Elijah and Ella

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is GOOD!
    Agree with the sisters - so beautiful and such a blessing!
    Love you all
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations guys, what a wonderful blessing, praying that God continues to surround you all in His love!!

    Love SJ and Tom

    P.S ha ha was just watching this video in the library at uni, turns out i didnt actually have my earphones plugged into my laptop properly so everybody got to hear about Levi's baptism and hear a beautiful hymn for their start to the afternoon...oops

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful part of the service where Levi could receive the sign and seal of the Covenant.
    Beautiful Hymn and beautiful singing:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to you both , may you bring Levi up in the Fear of His Name, what a blessing all is going well:) All our love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you soo much for sharing xx what a wonderful blessing, such a special day!!!
    (had Coop on my lap while I was watching it and he was looking at me wondering what was wrong with my eyes cos they were watering :).....)

    ReplyDelete